Jonathan H. Black (Jon)
Over 9 years' experience as Information Technology Director and over 14 years' experience in Front-End Website Development (eCommerce), Network Administration (IT Systems), UI/UX design/production, and Content Creation. I have a full understanding of today's networks, computers, software, mobile devices, advanced web applications, responsive/mobile websites for eCommerce and email blast production and design. Directed, managed, and produced several responsive web applications with extraordinarily complex administration back-ends, Content Management Systems (CMS), and email blasting systems. My responsibilities included: Providing IT Direction and IT Administration with top-to-bottom support for all network equipment, all software, 2-Windows Servers, NAS, 75+ Computers, 90+ mobile devices, Email Administration of 5 domains, 75+ users/accounts (employees), 4-eCommerce websites, eCommerce production, Responsive Design, HTML5/CSS3 programming, all image design/editing, all video production/editing, all web app design and architecture, SEO, Online marketing, UI/UX design, and much more.
- Senior IT Management: Responsible for all: networks/computer hardware/software/email/websites/help desk/developers/SEM.
- UI/UX Design/Media: Responsive UI/UX Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro DC, Premiere, Media Encoder, Adobe CC Suite.
- IT/Network Administrator: 9+ years' experience providing (top-to-bottom) Network Administration and Computer Administration.
- Content Creation: Created, Wrote, Produced/Designed: Websites, E-Commerce Products, UI's, Videos, Photos, and Emails.
- Technical Product Manager: Intellectual Property, Hardware Systems, Software Systems, and Industrial Product Knowledge Base.
Information Technology Director, Network Administrator (IT Systems), Front-End Developer, UI/UX Designer, Content Creator for Tri-State Equipment Co. Inc., - Jan 2012 to Present:
- Website Director, UI/UX Designer, Content Creator, Website Producer, and Website Developer for: www.tsoverheadcrane.com, www.ergonomicpartners.com, www.engineeredfallprotection.com, tsriggingequipment.com, www.smartfactorytech.com
- Independently grew the company's IT infrastructure from supporting 13 employees to support over 75+ employees in 5 years!
- Implemented, managed, directed, created, and sole employee responsible for enabling owners, managers, sales, and all office staff to work-from-home during COVID-19 pandemic stay at home orders. Allowed Tri-State to have zero downtime!
- Managed, directed, created, and updated all content for company websites, videos, images, and e-commerce products.
- Directed and managed all programmers, designers, developers, third-party back-end developers, and content creators.
- Provided expertise in: Web Design, Interface Design, Creative Direction, Brand Identity Development, Multimedia Development, e-Commerce, and Content Development.
- Managed, directed, created, and maintained a consistent and dominant digital brand presence by utilizing: websites, YouTube, SEO, SEM, Structured Data, AdWords, Google Places, Google My Business, Google Analytics, AdWords, Google Search Console, and Google Merchant Center.
- Updated and maintained product information on 4 e-commerce websites using best practices for product description copywriting and online merchandising; ensured content remained, accurate, fresh, and engaging.
- Directed, managed, developed, created, and maintained all branded email content for consumer email marketing.
- Managed, created, designed, and wrote content for all company websites, YouTube channels, email blasts and optimized the content for structured data, SEO, and SEM.
- Managed, directed, created, designed, wrote, and orchestrated all eCommerce products, email marketing, video marketing and website development.
- Used Adobe Creative Cloud software to create all company websites, videos, emails, and marketing content.
- Managed, monitored, and identified areas for improvement for all websites, eCommerce products, and online properties.
- Developed and updated annual budgets for all new and existing online marketing, computer networks, hardware, and software.
- Computer and Network Administration and Management (Information Systems):
- Provided technical expertise with computers, both stand-alone and networked for over 75+ -client desktops/laptops, 2 Windows Servers, and over 90 mobile devices.
- Bought, built, installed, setup, and configured over 20+ special use / harsh environment desktop workstation computers.
- Purchased, installed, configured, customized, setup, and maintained all company operating systems, software, apps, and hardware drivers.
- Expert knowledge of Windows 10/7 Pro, Windows Server 2019, 2012 R2, Microsoft Office/365: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe CC Suite, QuickBooks, SolidWorks (install and configuration), DNS, SSL, TLS, FTP, IIS, RD.
- Purchased, assembled, installed, configured, customized, setup and maintained all company network hardware, computer hardware, servers, switches, routers/firewalls/WAP's, laptops, smartphones, tablets, printers, scanners, and monitors.
- Expert in computer hardware and electronics: CPU's, Motherboards, RAM, GPU's, PSU's, M.2 NVMe/SSD's, HDD's, Blue Ray/DVD-RW's, RAID's, Printers, Scanners, Cases, Computer Cooling and more.
- Purchased, installed, configured, customized, setup and maintained all email systems and company email accounts.
- Email Administrator/IT Administrator/Support for 5 separate Google Workspace Accounts, (previously known as Google G Suite): @ergonomicpartners.com, @tsoverheadcrane.com, @engineeredfallprotection.com, @tsriggingequipment.com, and @smartfactorytech.com.
- Managed and maintained a 99.9% company-wide uptime for all network systems, computer systems, software systems, and mobile devices.
- Maintained up-to-date knowledge of new and existing equipment. Assisted all end users with network, hardware or software problems.
- Troubleshot, analyzed, and fixed all issues for network hardware, computer hardware, software, apps, and mobile devices.
- Technical Product Manager for technology products, manufacturing, material handling and industrial products.
- Communicated with owners, employees, and customers via phone, e-mail, or in person to verify requirements for products, projects, or services.
- Provided technical consultation and service to customers to help solve their applications using company products.
- Checked customer's buying history and suggested related and new items; explained technical features, ROI and benefits.
- Maintained a thorough knowledge of company products, manufacturing processes/services and provided technical expertise, advice and direction.
- Emphasized product/service features and benefits, quoted prices, negotiated credit terms, and prepared budget reports.
UI/UX Producer and Project Manager for VividSites, LLC - Mar 2006 to Dec 2011:
- Senior Account Executive providing project life cycle: HTML/CSS development, management, administration, UI/UX architecture, and QA testing.
- Crafted detailed UI/UX architectures for: websites/mobile devices, custom administration back-ends, web forms, content management systems, and apps. Performed HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS content editing on all client websites/micro sites.
- Gathered requirements from end users and supported the production and development of web applications, rich internet applications, micro sites, email blasts and visuals.
- Used Photoshop, Illustrator or Acrobat DC Pro to convert web designs from graphics designers into W3C validated HTML5, XHTML, CSS2/3 websites, micro sites, or email blasts.
- Analyzed ongoing project operations with the client and altered them as necessary with designers/programmers to augment successful project timelines and development.
- Directly coordinated with clients on interactive: updates, re-designs, micro sites, promotions, SEO/SEM, apps, mobile sites, email blasts, and multi-media.
- Collaborated with clients, co-workers, contractors, and vendors in the planning and coordinating of each project and tracked project manpower production, utilization, and budgets.
- Directly managed three senior .NET/C#/SQL developers and two designers in implementing website projects for: updates, micro-sites, promotions, sweepstakes, SEO/SEM programs, apps, mobile sites, and multi-media.
Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO., Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics, May 1993